[HCDX] US X Band Situation

--- Begin Message ---
I made alot of phone calls this morning on my cel phone which didn't
cost me anything, as I get plenty of time that I never use and long
distance included. Here is what I found out about the X Banders that
have not come on as yet.

1620-WJRZ-NJ-Just an appli,no CP

1620-KNNT-NM- has been sold no plans, not certain where the old CP even
went.

1620-KHRT-ND-GM said they were still thinking about it, but have no
plans now.

1620-WAZG-SC- has been sold,so no plans, again not certain where the old
CP went.

1630-KOME-CA- will come on soon(?) but no date.

1630-KNAX-TX, station no sale, but no takers (970), so who knows
according to CE. The call letter change was a whim, as it doesn't mean
anything.

1640-WVMI-MS. This is an interesting one. According to the CE, there was
just an apli, no CP as far as he could find. It may have been a whim, as
they have trouble keepingthe 570-30 year old TX on the air along with
the directional pattern. So I wouldn't hold my breath on this.

1640-WLHJ-NC, phone number no good, will have to try a new number.

1640-KMKZ-OK, no one knew anything and the GM & CE were out.

1650-WAZJ-GA, no plans at this time.

1650-KBIV-TX, phone number no good, will have to try a new number.

1660-WBHE-NC, no one knew anything, will have to call back CE.

1670-KSUL-CA   Will come on it time, but station is for sale I was told.

**1680-KRJO-LA, should be on the air soon according to secretary. Look
for it!

1680-KAZJ-WA, will be on in the future, but no date.

1690-WSWK-GA, no one knew, the CE was out.

**1690-WHTE-IL, this one will be on by August 2001 with Sports Talk. The
GM has the tx 10/1 KW set up and just needs some parts. Look for it!

1700-WAYU-NH, this one is not planned. Too bad I was hoping for NH.

1700-KCHT-OR, still planned, no date.

1700-WEZI-VA, also this one is not planned either.

So the only two I can find that should be one very soon is IL-1690 &
LA-1680. Clovis, CA 1630 also could be on soon.

73s,

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager