[HCDX] (no subject)

Hello To The HCDX Group: I regards to the Arnstein Bue posting of the mystery station operating on 1150 khz operating in // 1340 kHz. You mentioned the dates October 12-17 2001, I am sure you meant 2000. I have spoken with an Engineering staff at CFYK in Yellowknife. 1340 kHz is CFYK, a CBC (Canadian Government network) station in Yellowknife, Northwest Territory (NWT). He told me that the CBC does not operate a station on 1150 kHz, from the NWT. So this station on 1150 kHz is not a CBC station.
CFYK broadcasts 24 hrs a day, local programming is as follows, (Times MST Local=GMT-6hrs): 6am-9am English
12pm-1pm English
1pm-2pm Dog Rib (Native Language)
2pm-3pm Slavey (Native Language)
3pm-4pm Chipewyan (Native Language)
An Inuktityt language broadcast may be heard
following the "Over Night" program which is a BBC,
Radio Australia, RCI, feed, 4am-6am.
Any ID would be in English, no local language
translation.
The remaining programming is CBC
(National and/or Regional).
Address: CFYK
PO Box 160
Yellowknife, NWT
Canada
X1A-2N2

The mystery station on 1150 kHz is listed a 1997 NRC AM Log as CBQD as well as other low powered AM stations.
A network of CORBS (Community Owned Re-Broadcast Stations) operate in the NWT, most in the Easterner Artic, CBQD was from Fort Resolution, which is south of Yellowknife NWT, population 585. CBQD once relayed CFYK.
Now the mystery of this mystery station, becomes more mysterious. In my search I contacted the former owner/announcer Barry Sanderson of CBQD in Fort Resolution. Barry was shocked and confused by my inquire of the station operating on 1150 kHz, CBQD. He tells me that CBDQ, has been off the air several years now. He thought I was playing a joke on him. Barry tells me that the station equipment is still in place and "has not been used since the closing". Barry confirms CBDQ was 40 watts. Only perhaps, this station operating on 1150 kHz is unlicensed. The "only" station operating from Fort Resolution is FM, 105.1.
This information confirmed by several sources. Including the Akaitcho Territory Government offices in Fort Resolution.
As the NRC AM Log states correctly, there are other low powered Canadian AM stations operating on 1150 kHz, but why the CFYK relay, as Arnstein reports.
There are indications of a "Community Aero Drome Radio Station" in Fort Resolution. I have not been able to reach them by telephone, but will keep trying. So now the question, who is operating on 1150 kHz relaying CFYK 1340 Yellowknife NWT? Nice catch guys! 73's. Joe Talbot Red Deer Alberta Canada.