[HCDX] Loop vs outdoor antennas

--- Begin Message ---
Hi:

One experient I have not made for a number of years was comparing my box
loop to the K9AY, EWE, and beverages. The other day 930-Bellingham, WA
(1 KW), at 200+ miles to the NNW changed call letters. In logging them,
I tryed different combos, antennas to get the best signal. I finally
found a combo using the 40 foot vertical with the NNW beverage to get
the best signal during the day. It was OK, about S3 or 4. I thought I
would try the loop, and not a peep out of them, just barely a het on 930
during the day. I tryed other frequencies and I found if I did bnot have
my outdoor antennas, I would not hear half of what I do during the day.
At night, who knows? The phased antennas, beverages, etc all out do the
loop.

73s,

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR