[HCDX] St.-Pierre-1375 !!!! First foreign log of the 2001-2002 season

[HCDX] St.-Pierre-1375 !!!! First foreign log of the 2001-2002 season

Hello !

Last night I noted again presumably CKCL on 600, but they played non-stop C&W
music, even at the top of the hour, so I did`n`t got a legal ID. The signal
it`s self was as even better that it was the last night. I walked a bit around
the dial, in the higher part of the AM dial and I noted a huge signal from CKEC
wich gived weather for the Halifax area (by the way they mentioned a minimum of
8 degrees, 8 degrees it is not a summer-time temperature, so it is another
indicator that the fall and the new DX season is already here), followed by pop
music. Amazed by the strenght of this 2 Nova Scotians, I decided to check out
if beetwen the strong WFEA-1370 and CKLC-1380 domestics, there was a signal
from the exotic St.-Pierre et Miquelon islands off the NF coast. And INDEED it
was: I heard talk beetwen 2 womans with a made-in-France accent (not the ugly
Quebec FF accent) talking about the Maghrebian culture !!! This was followed by
traditionnal african mx. After the song ended, a male begun to talk in an
africanized version of FF (I only understanded the worlds "Programme National"
and "RTL". RTL is the most listened radio station in France with 7 million
listeners daily). After about 8 minutes, the signal quickly faded under the
WFEA-1370/CKLC-1380 "slop". I don`t know if it was a local pgm made to inform
the people of St.-Pierre and Miquelon about the Marrocan and Maghrebian
culture, or just a relay of a culural program aired on the France Inter network
bassed in Paris (or maybe on France Culture ?), but the FF talk and the mention
of RTL wich *is* the most popular radio in France made me definitively log this
as RFO. It is certainly not the most distant station I heard (this record is
still detained by Bogota, Colombia-770 RCN), but it is a new country for me,
and it is the proof that even well after sunset when the high-band is
full-crowded with domestics, my Sanyo MCD-S830 portable is selectif to separe
the weaker St.-Pierre-1375 fromt he 2 strongs adjacent domestics.

A full report of this, and a few Latin Americans I heard the other night will
follow soon ! I will also sent a .wav file with the reception to some of you,
if you are interessed.

Bogdan