[HCDX] AM-DX Report Sept. 1 and 2 -- 2001

[HCDX] AM-DX Report Sept. 1 and 2 -- 2001

                                                   DX Logs First and Second of
September - 2001

Report from:
Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu
4190 Edward Higgins
Pierrefonds (Montreal), Quebec, Canada
H8Y3M9

Equipment: Sanyo MCD-S830 AM/FM portable with ferrite bar antenna

526   Bahamas ZLS 9/1 0213 poor to fair signal, non-stop repetition of "ZLS" using the

         morse code. (BC-PQ)

530   Turks and Caicos R. Vision Cristiana 9/1 0159 fair, with CIAO nulled jingle
         followed by the legal ID "Broadacsting from Patherson, New Jersey, by
satellite
         to the world, this is WWRV New-York 13-30 AM with Radio Vísíon Cristiana
International
         5-30 AM South Caicos, Turks and Caicos Islands". (BC-PQ)

600   CKLC NS, Halifax 9/2 2156 presumed; non-stop country music heard from 2156 to
         well after the top of the hour. No ID on the TOP ! Verry good signal, in WICC
null.

760   Colombia HJAJ RCN, Barranquilla 9/1 0103 SS talk, poor and fluttery audio

890   Cuba CMDZ, Radio Progreso, 9/1 0104 SS news, fair to poor. +9/2 0111 SS romantic

         vocals, poor signal. (BC-PQ)

1150  Venezuela YVMV, Mundial Caribe, Punto Fijo, Falcon, 9/2 0029 tentative; meringue

          music under CJRC. Also heard on 9/1 with the same format, but never caught
an ID.

1320  CKEC NS, New Glasgow 9/2 2224 Weather for the Halifax area, followed by pop
music.
          Huge signal, almost always atop CJMR. (BC-PQ)

1370  WFEA NH, Manchester 9/2 0226 ID noted in passing while looking for St.-Pierre et

          Miquelon. That makes New Hampshire a new state for me ! (BC-PQ)

1375  St.-Pierre et Miquelon, RFO St.-Pierre 9/2 0227 talk in FF beetwen 2 females
about
          North-African and Morrocan culture, followed by traditionnal N.-African mx
and by
          african male talk; mention of RTL wich is the most popular french radio.
Fair-good
          reception, over WFEA-1370/CKLC-1380 slop. This is country nr. 11 for me (!)
and my
          first foreign DX log of the 2001-2002 DX season.

 The last 2 nights featured excellent high-latitude conditions toward the Canadian
maritimes
 provinces, with some Latin Americans sneaking throught occassionally as well. The
high-light
 of the past night was undoubtely St.-Pierre and Miquelon. I hope to been able to
re-log them
 soon ! I hope also to been able to get some "true" trans-atlantics.

73s,
Bogdan