[HCDX] New DX Forum available

A new Forum for DXers has just been opened at http://www.makelainen.com/dx. You can access it also directly at http://www.makelainen.com/phpBB/index.php

I hope that as time goes by, the site will develop into a forum of sharing DX tips, opinions on DXing, QSL news etc, anything related to DXing. The discussion takes place in English so that as many as possible, from all around the world, can participate.

The forum is not a direct competitor to various DXers' mailing lists, instead I hope that it will complement them. Both bulletin board Forums and mailing lists have their strengths, and people have different preferences about the format in which the latest DX information is presented best. I remember seeing some more or less DX-related forums already
earlier, but none with a software as sophisticated and user-friendly as that provided by phpBB, which I have used in this Forum.

The problem I have had with some mailing lists is the abundance of (partly useless) emails. I hope that in this sense the Forum offers more liberty for you, the user, to check only the items that you are interested in, and to do it whenever you want, without clogging your email account after a couple of days offline. Also, the Forum should make it
easier to follow the development of threads in discussion.

The idea is not to torpedo any other DX resources available on the Internet. On the contrary, I hope that discussion about DX sites will take place and their contents get the attention they deserve also at this Forum. I will also be happy to exchange links with established DX sites on the Forum.

Anyone can browse the Forum, but only registered users can post messages. Guidelines for writing are the same as in any public forum; no offensive language, no personal insults, be careful with copyright issues, appreciate other opinions even if you don't agree - and remember to keep it DX-related.

I'm open to your suggestions on how to develop the Forum further. If you'd like to see separate sections for example for clandestine radio, FM DX or some other yet unrepresented part of the DXing hobby, just let me know - by posting your suggestion on the Forum. Please take a minute to register, and let me know how you think that the DXing community
can better benefit from a forum like this.

73
Mika Makelainen, Finland
http://www.makelainen.com/dx