[HCDX] Logs/Observation for America Under Attack

[HCDX] Logs/Observation for America Under Attack

Hello !

It`s awfull what has been happening in NYC, Washington and just near Pittsburg. I have been doing a lot of listening on both the AM band monitoring the east coast domestics that are usually
"pests" for me (this time there were interesting, because they gived talk pgms and news about the splashed airplanes and about the survivers aroudn the Pentagone that my Mtl. locals did`n`t
give) as well as the US border FM semi-locals. I done some LA listening, and St.-Pierre-1375 as well, but due to the TV "birdies" (my parents keeped the TV on all night to watch the news about
the survivers in NYC !) and the lack of any auroral activity, most of the trans-Caribbean action as limited to RCR-750, RVC-530 and HJAJ-760.

I begun will begun with the FM BCB band. The first US station I tuned in on Thursday evening was WEZF Star 92.9 from burlington on 92.9. They had the Dalina show as usual, but instead of
peakign short messages from the listeners and continue the pgm with music, they had some verry long discusssions about what had happened. I remember a man talking about how happy his children
have been when he learned that there won`t be school on Wen. Dalina answered to him that there is a psycholog in the Burl. area who talk to kids and may be able to explain to them how terrible
this act of terrorism is. I then tuned tot he "Yes FM" network station on 94.7, WYUL, but they were playing non-stop R&B and hip-hop music. It is interestign to note thjat WILD-96.5, instead of
their usual C&W music format, they had a talk-show about what happened.

On AM, nearly 90% of the US domestics had special talk-shows and continous coverage, includign semi-local WVMT-620 and virtually all the NYCers. On WNBC-660, a list of cancelled games has beeen
aired, as was the case on WTAE-1250 in Pittsburg, PA and on "Sporti News Radio W??? (call-letters, please ?) and prob. other sporters. Aside from the game cancellation, these "sports" stations
really don`t carryed much programs of this types. They inagurated special talk-shows with the listeners of what they feel from these major terrorisms. On "true" talkers, WOR asked a question to
a woman what she will feel if China or South Korea would be attacked like this. She answered he will, ignore the situation. On WABC-770, the host said they will talk all night will all their
listeners about their impressions of the accident. Outside NYC that Thursday evening, in Providence, WPRO-630 give a retrospective fo what has happened since 8:48 when the first airplane hit
the World Trading Center.

On Wensday morning WTAM 1100 in Cleveland (in Ohio) said all people in that city were verry sad all the night. And just before nighttime AM skywaves dead (and time to go to school was here !).
I checked the situation around the Pentagone on WTOP-1500, I learned how many schools in DC and as far south as southern Virginia were closed. At 6:18 on the traffic WTOP reported a big
congestion around the Pentagone because a lot of people were curious to see how the rests of the Pentagone looked like. After the traffic report, a phone number beginning with 1-800 was gived
to support families who lost victimes in the Pentagone. Immeditely after they gived that phone number, a religious day-timer signed on essentially wipping out what was a weakening with sunrise
signal. And maybe a minute later, just before the sun really started to shin, I had a good signal from WSB-750 Atlanta, assumedly SR grey-line enhacement. They give their ID followed by a local
traffic repport.

The Wenasday night, I had a SS trop. mx station off-channel beetwen 1120 and 1130 (around 1125 kHz). It was WEBX in bristol, CT with Puerto Riquisima slogan, an off-channel domestic !!! Latin
Americans properly did only make occasionals showings. RVC-530 was poor with SS rel. mx and preaching of "Gloria a Dios". I forgot to mention on Thu, they talked a bit religiouslya about how
bad was that terrorist attackt. They seemed triste. Of course Radio Vision Cristiana has a tx in NYC on 1330 as well as studios there, so maybe one of the DJs actually sayed the explosion it`s
self. Back to Wensday resluts, at 8:29 YVKS popped up briefly with a Caracas mention, under WSB. RCN Baranquilla on 760 was sporadically heard in and out of the weak residual nulled WJR signal.
They gived a few promos for Radio El Sol. RFO-1375 had a program of piano and classical music, not a single world about the terrorism problems in USA. I must say however, that at the TOH they
rapidly dropped under WFEA-1370 slop, so I was not able to hear the France Inter news. They did have some verry good peaks however, during the piano pgm.

Finally, the FBI has alerted the XE police, so if I am able to wake up verry early this morning at 4 in the morning when mexicans are easily hear din the east, I may hear the news on XEW-900
and other big mexicans about the 9 terrorists who passed the US border, to Mexico.

I hope all of you are well and those of you on the other side of the pond have good TA-DX condx to monitor US stns for informations on that monstrous incident.
73 and good DX !
Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu
Pierrefonds, Quebec, Canada
Sanyo MCD S830, internal ferrite bar