[HCDX] Voice of Nigeria's Preview Edition of "VON Airwaves"

[HCDX] Voice of Nigeria's Preview Edition of "VON Airwaves"

Hi,

today I found a big envelope from Nigeria in my post. It included the
Preview Edition of Voice of Nigeria's "VON Airwaves" from June 2001, a
letter signed from the editor Tope Idowu, a program schedule valid from Apr
29 till Dec 29, 2001, some stickers and others.

According to the program schedule the Voice of Nigeria actually uses three
frequencies directed to different parts of Africa "and overseas":

to West Africa on 7255 kHz:
0500-1000 English
1000-1400 Hausa
1400-1700 French
1700-1900 Fulfulde
1900-2300 English

to North Africa and Overseas (Europe, North America ?) on 15120 kHz:
0500-1000 English
1000-1100 Hausa
1100-1600 French
1600-1900 Arabic
1900-2300 English

to Central, East and South Africa on 11770 kHz:
0500-1000 English
1000-1100 Hausa
1100-1700 French
1700-1900 Ki-swaheli
1900-2300 English

7255 kHz has been heard regularly in the last months during local evening
hours. 11770 and 15120 kHz have to confirmed. In the 70's and 80's I heard
them on 15120 kHz in english, french and german with good to excellent
signal. Nothing mentioned of resuming german and other services as announced
in August. The program schedule also lists 9690 kHz on the cover but to
which target area and what languages are used? The back side states that VON
will also be available via satellite "in a short while".

Correspondence and enquiries should be addressed to
The Editor
VON Airwaves
Broadcasting House
P.M.B. 40003, Falomo
Lagos, Nigeria

by email to the editor, Mr. Tope Idowu at tidowu@xxxxxxxxx or
via fax +234-1-2691944 or tel. +234-1-269-3075.

Best wishes from Wuppertal
vy 55 + 73

Manfred Reiff
mrreiff@xxxxxxx

Member of ADDX and EAWRC
All times in UTC, all frequencies in kHz
Receiver:  AOR AR-7030plus / Antenna Tuner YAESU FRT-7700
Antennas:  Inverted-V-Dipole / ADDX AT-5 / ADDX-AT-2
QTH:       Wuppertal-Cronenberg  51°12'23" N / 07°07'44"E