Re: [HCDX] Radio Norte/Montero

Hi Björn and others,
thank you for your prompt reaction and your opinion. Please allow me to answer with a question: Is the QSL card, I received for my reception report during my station visit (I had a copy of my very old report with me)  in your eyes a "real" confirmation????
The director read the report and I am sure, he could not decide whether all the details of my quite old reception report were correct or not. If you write, a recorded ID might have been produced anywhere in the world, I of course agree. But also written programme details might have been copied from any sources in the world, couldn't they?
When I asked to fill out the QSL, I also saw one letter from a German DXer on the desk; it was 3 years old and I offerd the service, to bring also that QSL to Germany, to save for him the postage fees, what he immediately accepted.  The German DXer meanwhile was very happy for that service!!
Then the director showed me a box, full of reception reports, some even with cassettes. He took out one - I think it was from Mr. Nielsen from Denmark - and took the cassette into a stereo cassette recorder. You can easily imagine that nearly nothing could  be understood, coming out of the stereo loudspeakers. Nevertheless he was quite happy, having received it several years ago.
The director himself, he never would reply to reception reports, maybe he would sign them, but nothing else. And the person in the station, that had promised to do the correspondence, had no time or no interest.
Well, he filled out two more QSLs for hobby colleagues and then he asked me to help to fill out some more. After some time he gave me the remaining signed cards and asked me to do that work after my return.
So we stopped QSLing and decided to have a beer together in a nearby restaurant.
If a secretary or a volunteer, working for some days in a station, will send the QSLs, it surely would be accepted?
On the other hand, a stamped and signed PPC is not accepted in several Scandinavian countries. But what's the difference, if I have the same text on a postcard or on a letter with station logo and have it then stamped and signed.
In some cases the secretaries, who did not know anything about DXing and our requests, asked me, what to write and I showed them a fitting text. Maybe also those QSLs are no "real" QSLs????

But it's not my intention to start a big discussion, I only wanted to help some few DXers, to get a Radio Norte QSL, if they can present a reception report.

Besides that, I received one duplicated very very old and beautiful pennant of that station. If anybody is interested to swap it for other radio pennant, please send me your offers.

                 73s,
                             Andy - Pennant Museum