Re: [HCDX] Psyops in Afghanistan on 8700 kHZ USB

Re: [HCDX] Psyops in Afghanistan on 8700 kHZ USB

Hi,

> I've seen reports of the 8700 programming being heard, which imply
> that this signal is coming from the Solo aircraft. This does not make a
> lot of sense to me, as who on the ground there would be able to get
> this signal?

Well, their website says, that they do carry a shortwave transmitter on
board, along with MW, FM and TV. So at least there is the technical
setup to operate on SW.

Second point: I can't imagine that the broadcasts are targeting towards
refugees only. This is not an altruistic information campaign, we are
talking about psychological warfare. The programmes are aimed towards
Taliban troops, telling them why the USA is fighting against them and
telling them to surrender, lay down their weapons etc. The information
for the public is just a spin-off.

If 8700 kHz USB would be the main Taliban operating frequency it would
be very clever to use it.

>  I suggest the possibility that the programming is being
> produced stateside, sat-fed to a base in the region (Incirlik would be
> one plausible possibility, or at-sea) and xmitted FROM the base on
> 8700 to be rcvd by the aircraft and then re-xmitted FROM the aircraft
> on 864 and 1107 MW, which ARE available to refugees etc. This
> would insure the program feed is up-to-date with political events, and
> frees the aircraft crew from having to originate programming.

My guess is, that the programmes are taped and repeated all over again.
Of course, the SW can come from Usbekistan or elsewhere in the area, not
necessarily from the aircraft, but I'm not convinced, that it is a
classical feeder. Of course, at this point it's just my personal
speculation.

--
73's
Martin