From: bill whitacre <bw@xxxxxxx>
To: "Bob Padula" <bobpadula@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HCDX] CHINA - CRI MEDIUM WAVE BROADCASTS TO AUSTRALIA
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:30:47 -0400

Bob,

I'm no expert on China or Australia but I know a couple of things
about mediumwave propagation.

I would suggest that hearing China on MW in Oz as being pretty damned
difficult and that maybe, just maybe this person -- who I assume is
more of a 'normal' individual than a Beverege-bound MW DXer -- might
be listening to a re-broadcast of CRI programming on a station in Oz.

I'll even bet that the Chinese know better than to try and broadcast
'specifically for Australia' on mediumwave.

Trying to reach Australia from China on MW is a lot like trying to
reach Chile on MW from Belize!  Can't be done!

bw

---