Re: [HCDX] CHINA - CRI MEDIUM WAVE BROADCASTS TO AUSTRALIA

Re: [HCDX] CHINA - CRI MEDIUM WAVE BROADCASTS TO AUSTRALIA

Hi Karel, Glenn

Firstly what the reader in the green guide was referring to was that 1341
here in Melbourne has Chinese, and has done so for many years. It comes from
Leopold near Geelong.

Secondly how Bizarre it would be if China chose to broadcast to Australia
via MW from China. What a waste of time & money. I have been under the
impression that 1341 was for South East Asia.. not Australia.

> it is surely not easy to reach AUS from CHN on MW. It is at least 5000 km
> from one coast to another.
> Australian DXers maybe could tell us about reception of Chinese stations
in
> Australia.
> But they are living mostly in southern parts of Australia, I think...

Chinese stations do make the journey into Australia like other Asian dx,
however these are dx signals and are not usually strong. We have the odd
regular like Fujian on 549 & WYFR Taiwan on 1557 etc.

Dave