RE: [HCDX] OFFICIAL PLAY DX WEB SITE ON LINE

Dario Monferini wrote:

> Sorry to inform you the web page file://www.playdx.com is a fake page
which has
> been done by some idiot living in Italy

Sadly, this is not the first DX club hoax I have seen from Italy. It must be
about 20 years ago, when I was assistant editor of WRTH, that right on
deadline we received a telex informing us that an Italian club had changed
its address. The telex carried the name of the club president. We made the
correction in good faith, then when the book was published we found out it
was a hoax.

I'm not sure if the people who do this kind of thing realise what damage
they do to the credibility of *all* DXers. Or maybe they simply don't care.
I find it very sad, at a time when there is so much danger and anxiety in
the world, that people use their time and energy in such a negative way.

Andy Sennitt

Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily
reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.