Re: [HCDX] OFFICIAL PLAY DX WEB SITE ON LINE

Re: [HCDX] OFFICIAL PLAY DX WEB SITE ON LINE

> Dario Monferini wrote:
>
> > Sorry to inform you the web page file://www.playdx.com is a fake page
> which has
> > been done by some idiot living in Italy
>
> Sadly, this is not the first DX club hoax I have seen from Italy. It must
be
> about 20 years ago, when I was assistant editor of WRTH, that right on
> deadline we received a telex informing us that an Italian club had changed
> its address. The telex carried the name of the club president. We made the
> correction in good faith, then when the book was published we found out it
> was a hoax.
>
> I'm not sure if the people who do this kind of thing realise what damage
> they do to the credibility of *all* DXers. Or maybe they simply don't
care.
> I find it very sad, at a time when there is so much danger and anxiety in
> the world, that people use their time and energy in such a negative way.
>
> Andy Sennitt
>
> Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
> individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily
> reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.

Hi,

I think our Italian friends like jokes like this. I could experience it
during my stay at the EDXC Conference in Florence. I think it is a soft sort
of competition between DX clubs.
Unless I intend to give advices to anybody, I do not like such a way of
competition too much and I would not like to live within such an atmosphere
in my country. You never know what your hobby colleage prepares behind your
back... Today it is so easy to distribute fake information worldwide.

GOOD DX,

Karel Honzik
the Czech Republic (Czechia)