[HCDX] CD Latin American Radiostations

November 2001

Latin American radio stations 1975-2001

On an afternoon of November 2000, I found myself at a meeting of the Benelux DX Club in the Netherlands sharing some highlights of 31 years of DX-ing to a captive audience.

I illustrated my tale with recordings of radio stations. Many audience members asked me whether I would produce a CD with audio files of received radio stations. I embraced the suggestion wholeheartedly, but found myself in a awkward predicament. How to make a choice? I decided on radio stations from Latin American countries, as I have a rich collection of recordings from Latin America. Nowadays, many stations are not audible anymore on the tropical bands, at least not at large distances, so hopefully my selection is of interest to many DX-ers.

Unfortunately I did not tape all the stations I received and some recordings have been lost. Yet, the result still is an amount of 371 wav-files. The reception quality varies from station to station and represents the quality at the time of reception.

The majority of the stations I received in my house in the Netherlands.

However, some stations included, I recorded in Mexico (1979), USA (1981), Panama (1986), Guatemala, Honduras and Belize (1989), Curaçao (1983 en 1999) and Aruba (2001).

You find these stations in the "On location in" maps.

The files can be opened in Mediaplayer or Realplayer; just double click on the filename and the player will open the file.

The CD was introduced at the Annual Meeting of the Benelux DX Club in the building of Radio Nederland in Hilversum on November 3rd.

The CD Rom can be ordered by sending 30 Dutch Guilders or the equivalent (after january 1st 2002: 15 Euro) for delivery within Europe to

Max van Arnhem, Brink 9, 6852EE Huissen, the Netherlands.

For delivery outside Europe the price will be 15 US Dollars ( including postage).

For questions and/or remarks, please contact me at mvarnhem@xxxxxx

Max van Arnhem

The Netherlands