[HCDX] Bi-Directional Beverage

Hi:

My Eastern Beverage is now bi-directional. After our two day strong of
winds of 75 MPH and 4+ inches of rain, I went out this morning to check
the Eastern beverage. I found it tangled abit here and there in the
brambles and a couple supports abit loose, but otherwise it was fine. I
replaced the wire this Fall from the old #14 to #12 and it is tough
house wiring. The last one was out there for 17 years.
   In checking the antenna with the R8 when I got back was the pattern
has changed abit. The gain did go up a bit on certain frequencies, but
the one thing I noticed was that local KAST-1370-Astoria, 6 miles away
(1KW) dropped by 5 DB! The other two local stations in the county
KKEE-1230 & KSWB-840 stayed about the same. KXL-750 & KPAM-860
(Portland) stayed the same too. Some channels seem more directional and
other do not. The ground is so wet and with the four copper pipes in the
ground, the impedience probably was low.
It will be interesting to see if the antenna works well to the West. The
backside is aimed at about 255 degrees, right through the center of
Australia.

73s,

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR