[HCDX] FEBC QSL Received for Tribal broadcast

[HCDX] FEBC QSL Received for Tribal broadcast

PHILIPPINES.   Received full data signed "Monkey-eating Eagle" photo QSL card for my report of April 21, 2001, after 6 months.  Also enclosed a nice "FEBC Friend" sticker and a letter/apology. Letter states "the Overseas English service is presently closed".   States the audience relations department closed in November 2000.  The signer, a "Jan Bayliss" writes there is "only one person left to write letters at this time" and is trying to catch up on the backlog of mail.   The QSL was for a "Burmese tribal languages broadcast" on 15095lHz from 1330 - 1430 and consisted of some very interesting music.  Closes by stating that "while Ohio is not our prime target for Burmese broadcasts, we are always happy to hear from DXers who have been able to pick up our signals".   As I recall I sent a Cleveland postcard and $1US with my reception report.

Lee Silvi
Mentor, Ohio