[HCDX] QSL Numbers

I remember reading an article by DXer Arthur Cushen several years back
about the number of QSLs received in the different years he DXed. The
number kept pretty constant, he reported. I have only kept track of the
number in the past 10 or so years. I wish I would have back in the 80s.
I could back back and add up all the different QSLs for each year, but
that would be a lot of work. Anyway here are the number of QSLs received
for each year. It has kept pretty constant, even though QSLing is harder
now. It still pays off.

2001 - 79
2000 - 134 (My best year)
1999 - 82
1998 - 104
1997 - 70
1996 - 85
1995 - 92
1994 - 86
1993 - 89
1992 - 51 ( The year I got the R8)

These are MW QSLs for the most part. There might be a LW one in there
(Russia). The number of QSL's really dropped off after Sept 11th in
2001.
Hopefully the coming year will be good.

73s,

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.

This space is for rent. Please contact staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more information.