Re: [HCDX] Yahoo Groups

> What's important is not
> what host he uses. What's important is that he's behaving in a manner
which
> irritates a lot of people and gets the hobb of DXing a bad name.

Exactly, that's the point.
To use an analogy - I was invited to a party and when I asked who
organizes it and what's going on there, I was told that I could stay at
home... :-)

During the 24 hours I stayed subscribed to that group I could notice
that no message brought anything new.

Internet makes the world small. For SWLing we can do with one
mailinglist per language very well. New lists make only sense, if the
items of interest is a quite specialized one, which is not of interest
to the majority.

Yahoo makes it so easy to create lists that too many operators do not
care (or even know) about Netiquette. HTML postings, private messages,
news about local FM stations are spreaded to a worldwide audience which
simply does not need it.

Regards,
Willi

--
     _/_/ http://www.radio-portal.org
    _/_/ Shortwave and more linked to you

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.

This space is for rent. Please contact staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more information.