[HCDX] Articles

Hi all, Latest articles posted to the radiodx.com site include stories from the Cayman Islands, Japanese Occupation Radio in Indonesia during WWII, The German connection with Radio Afghanistan, railroad broadcasting from Australia in 1926 and...

"After a 35 year broadcast career in the U.S., I took some time off in
1989 to sail by myself on my small boat to the South Pacific. I stopped
in the Marquesas, Tahiti, Bora Bora and finally American Samoa. It was
there that I went to work at WVUV as an announcer and later station
manager. Bill Faulkerson was general manager.

At the time the offices were in Pago Pago at Pago Plaza with the
actual studios, transmitter and tower on the other side of the island
near Leone in the small village of Vialoa. For most of the time I lived
on my boat in the harbor and took a 45 minute bus ride to work everyday.
Ultimately, the station obtained a rental car for me to get around...."

You'll find them at http://radiodx.com/spdxr/Articles.htm

Happy reading..

Paul

PS Would love some photos of WVUV if any one has them.

Paul Ormandy
Host of The South Pacific DX
Report
http://radiodx.com

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.