[HCDX] Interesting MW news on Thessaloniki

[HCDX] Interesting MW news on Thessaloniki

1.Student radio  of Thessaloniki

Thanks to a tip from my best man Daniel Danielidis , a
new?  experimental radio station seem to start recently
on the MW bands, this time coming from the  students of
the Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki.
New?  Means that this station possibly was active also
before, possibly last year,  and is transmitting on the
1431 kHz with low power. I think I hav hard them before,
possibly 1 month ago.

My first  tune this time was last Friday 2345 LT (
2145UTC ) on 1431.21 and with steady signals of S9 on the
16 m antenna which gives better  directivity results than
any small walkman, and with USB necessary in order to get
rid of  any QRM that produces the 180 HZ offset buzz.
That time they were transmitting a style of rap and a
student speaking on revolution.
Program seems to be  time zone programs, mostly with
foreign music and dedications , and starting after 1100
LT  , though I heard a program with Greek music  last
Sunday 17 on 2300 LT with Greek folk music
There is not any standard telephone of this station  but
the  people/operators  are given their own mobile
telephone lines on-air but not always.

Stations is also transmitted via the internet in this
adress
http://macedonia.uom.gr/~it01132/gr/live/1431AM.m3u

2. PIRATE 1419 'Crystal Range" Sat 16 at 1011 UTC with
'old nice' greek songs after discussion to him by phone,
his system includes a 4x813 valve with 2.5 kV operation
(abt 500-700 W ) . Operators name is Kostas

pen-DX sejak 72 - anggota World-DX-Club 2104,Play DX, dll
PP: R75/HF150/MVT7100/D2935  + 16m/1x1 +
MFJ16010/1040/1025/752c/462
http://www.geocities.com/zliangas/
/trip2k.htm (dlm Bkk,SNG,BAli)   /MP3_comp.htm comparison Xing/Fastenc
/napa.htm crash test Napa DAV315 MP3 player

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.