[HCDX] Fwd: BBC shortwave archive created

[HCDX] Fwd: BBC shortwave archive created

>From the DEVMEDIA mailing list.

> Collection of BBC news tapes provides rich loam for
> scholars
>

> Sixteen years' worth of world events are steadily
> beeping and crackling their way into broadcast history
> at Montreal's Concordia University.
>
> In all, the tapes contain about 9,000 hours worth of
> newscasts from the BBC World Service, systematically
> recorded from short-wave radio by the late Denis
> Diniacopoulos between 1970 and 1986, while he was a
> professor in Concordia's Communications Studies
> Department.
>
> Now, the Concordia Centre for Broadcasting Studies
> (CCBS), which was bequeathed the recordings after
> Diniacopoulos' death in 1997, is transferring them
> onto CD-ROM to turn them into a unique archive. Not
> even the BBC has kept the newscasts.
>
> More at
> http://pr.concordia.ca/ctr/2001-02/Feb_28/02-BBCTapes/index.shtml
>

> =====
> Eleanor Brown
> writer-editor-researcher
> (514) 274-3807 voice & fax
> Montreal, Canada

> This ListServ is among many services provided by the Canadian
> Association of Journalists ( http://www.eagle.ca/caj/ ). Services
> such as
> this are supported, in part, by membership fees we receive
> regularly from
> CAJ members. If your membership is up-to-date, we thank you for
> your
> support. If not, we would be grateful if you would take the time to
> update your status with the CAJ and pay your fees. The CAJ national
> office can be reached at (613) 526-8061 or by e-mail at CAJ@xxxxxxx

=====
Don Moore     mooredxer@xxxxxxxxx
Radio: http://donmoore.tripod.com
General & Family History : http://donmoore.tripod.com/mainmenu.htm
** Highly Recommended: http://www.commondreams.org/

http://sports.yahoo.com

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.