[HCDX] Re 3903U plus a little more

> Andy Sennitt schrieb:
>
> > AFRTS genuinely did not know about the transmissions. The frequency suggests
> > that a radio ham on staff may have set up the service using a ham band
> > transmitter. Since it's unofficial, and probably unauthorised, you may have
> > a hard time getting anyone to admit to it :-)

and Harald replied  :

> no ham radio transmitter would be able to put out such a solid signal over such
> a long period of time
>
> whoever its is: they are using professional transitting equipment
>
> vy73
> Harald

My comment :
Well odd things happen, but why on earth should a ham make the trouble of
relaying on a regular basis the transmissions of AFN, and if so ouside
 the ham bands. The signal is indeed steady and clear at night here too.
 I still think that the Navy is involved. Perhaps some ad-hoc solution to a problem, forgetting
 to tell headquarters....

4837.5 3 Mar 2130 Saudi Arabia, GS on this
unexpected frequency

4926.3 3 Mar 2230 Bolivia. Radio San Miguel only fair.

5035.2 3 Mar 2115 Vietnam, Hanoi. VoV, tentatively . Can think of anything but them with their
very peculiar, strange-sounding, monotonous, repetitive chanting. H'mong language ?

6170 3 Mar 1130 and  5990 from 1203 Finland. Scandinavian Weekend Radio,
audio samples from pirate stations, Beatles etc. Weak on 6170, fair to good on 5990.

5765U 3 Mar 1625 AFN, Guam with a rather boring discussion. Fair signal

Another oddity, now from Flordia.
25870 3 Mar 1500  USA WFLA, Tampa FL with Florida Gardening,
on a Sunday morning, EST,  so now even I have heard about a nasty
little animal called the citrus rat. Heard best in the NFM mode but
 QSB communication in Russian is almost always there, interfering from 25875 .
 It's the feeder of the Florida station,  said to have 65 watts that is heard.

By the way, 1305 Radio Druzhba, has now begun with a few commercial spots,  also
giving the phone number to those interested to buy time. Otherwise, as before a mix of
music from CIS countries and station id in various forms between every track.

73 and Good DX-ing

Johan Berglund
Vabacksvägen 10  Trollhättan Sweden  AOR 7030 K9AY

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.