[HCDX] WVLC The Little Ship That Could

Hi all,

Latest article added to the Radio Heritage Collection:

"When I shipped overseas, it was to General Headquarters, Southwest Pacific Area, based at the time in Brisbane, Australia. It was the headquarters of fabled General Douglas MacArthur.

I came into the organization at a time the Chief Signal Officer was gathering a group of former broadcast technicians and engineers who were to create a high power shortwave broadcast station within a ship.

The proposed mission was to open a radio channel for the exclusive use of broadcast network war correspondents. The concept was to use the ship as a roving shortwave news platform during combat operations against Japan. The station would have sufficient power to be reliably heard on the US West Coast..."

Red the whole article at http://radiodx.com/spdxr/wvlc.htm

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Ormandy