[HCDX] ZIMBABWE and ZAMBIA on 49 mb

Greetings from  Melbourne, Australia..!

ZIMBABWE. Zimbambe Broadcasting Corporation noted since Mar-13 on 5975,
in period 2000-2230. This is normally a "daytime" freq, and may have
been put on line for local evening services for broader coverage of
election issues. Well heard here in Melbourne 2000-2100, with relay of
one of the domestic service programs, Vernaculars. The other 49 mb
outlet 6045 noted in same time period with different network. At 2100,
both networks enjoined for news, then split at 2110. 5975 one of the
strongest signals on 49 mb, obliterating co-channel Voice of Russia.
After 2200, separate programming on both channels, with religious
feature on 6045. During our last winter, 6045 reained audible until
eventual s/off at 0100, that's 11 am here, four hours after our sunrise!

May send a report for 5975 as first time heard this outlet, and might
even throw in my vote, if polling is still open...!

ZAMBIA. Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation continues to give good
signals here in Melbourne on both 49 mb channels: 621065 in English
2100-2210* and 6165 Vernaculars 2100-2205*, as of Mar 14. Both signals
amongst the strongest on this band - east Africans propagate well into
Melbourne in our post-sunrise period. Little African activity remaining
on 60 mb now, a virtual spectrum wasteland!

Regards

Bob Padula
Melbourne, Australia
National DR49, dipole antenna

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.