From: hard-core-dx-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hard-core-dx-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of aurel
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 2:30 PM
To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Chiochiu Aurel
Subject: [HCDX] Recent LA`s condx (as of

Hello !

I have`n`t done much medium-wave listening in the past few months, but as
far as of Thursday March 5, Carribbean/South American reception conditions
were rather weakish, fair at best. The strangest thing was the total absence
of RVC-530 at all the times I checked this week and the past week-end. Did
Radio Vísíon Cristiana Internacíonal has desactivated their Turks and Caicos
530 kHz transmitter, or maybe they run verry low power, they used to be a
powerhouse here ? They were not audible at all, not even detectable as a
het.

Stations heard:

530 kHz TURKS & CAICOS Radio Vision Cristiana - NO SIGN OF THEM DURING THE
WHOLE WEEK !!!!

03/05/2002, 0255 UTC:
640 kHz VENEZUELA Union Radio (Pt. La Cruz, Anzoàtegui) - poor, but steady
with the slogan
"Union Radio, 24 hóras de informacíon", followed by sports news
(Chiochiu-PQ)

03/05/2002, 0314 UTC:
640 kHz CUBA R. Progreso (Guanabacoa) - presumed; verry weak tropical music
heard under Venezuela (Chiochiu-PQ)

03/05/2002, 0251 UTC:
760 kHz COLOMBIA RCN Barranquilla - briefly fair with an apparently new ID
"La radio numero 1 de la Formula 1", followed by electionnal promos
(Chiochiu-PQ).

That`s it for now!
73 and good DX !
Bogdan Chiochiu (QTH: Pierrefonds, Quebec, Canada)
Rx: Sanyo MCD-S830 portable with internal ferrite bar antenna
P.S.: The telescopic antenna has recently broken, I now can now only use my
walk-mpublished by Michael Stutz at http://dsl.org/copyleft/dsl.txt

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.