[HCDX] WFLA ?

Dear AM X-ers,
I just spent a week in Atlanta, Ga (USA) to attend an internal course for
the company I work for. Apart from the work, I tried to scan the MW band for
interesting AM stations.
Apart form the local powerhouses I found in the evening hours a (weak)
station on 540 kHz that identified as "News radio 540, WFLA". Local weather
was for Florida.  At first I was puzzled, as on 540 I only have WFLF (Pine
Hills = Orlando, Fl) in my lists. Via the Internet I found that in fact
there are at least two WFLA's in Florida (maybe even more).  Apart from the
true WFLA in Tampa (970 kHz) apparently the same company owning this station
also operates other stations under the same "brand name", including WFLF on
540.
This is confusing. Therefore my questions :
1. Is the program on 540 the same as on 970 ? (apparently the ID is not). As
970 was occupied by a strong local signal I could not check this.
2. Are there any other stations use the WFLA call ?
3. Is this accepted by the FCC ?. I know that nowadays there are many
network stations without a true local ID, but using the call of another
station as a local call is new for me.
4. Any other networks which use the call of the mother station as a brand
name ?

Regards,
Aart Rouw
Bühl, Germany

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.