[HCDX] EDXC Conference 2002

INIVITATION

Dear Radio Friend,

The Finnish DX Association has the great pleasure of welcoming all Dxers,
shortwave listeners, radio hobbyists and international broadcasters to
attend the joint conference of the European DX Council and the Finnish DX
Association. The conference will be held 15th to 18th of August 2002 in
the town of Pori, located on the west coast of Finland.

Some of you may remember the DX conferences held in Finland in 1987 and
1992. Those have been the biggest DX conferences ever in Europe and they
are also widely regarded as maybe the best ones. Our intention is to put
up a similar conference providing a wide selection of items covering DXing
on AM and FM, shortwave listening and international shortwave
broadcasting.  In 1987 and 1992 we reached an attendance of over 200
participants, and our goal this time is 150-200.

The radio hobby will be the key topic of the conference. The agenda will
cover sessions and panel discussions on hard-core AM and FM Dxing,
international shortwave Dxing and broadcasting as well as other delivery
techniques. Contests and other entertainment will also be included. The
venue is the Spa Hotel Yyteri situated about 20 kms outside the town of
Pori, and most items will take place in the hotel. Of course a visit to
the YLE Radio Finland shortwave transmitter center only 15 kms away will
be organised. The Spa Hotel Yyteri is located on one of the most beautiful
sand beaches of Finland offering an excellent forum for tourist activities
for you and also for your companion.

The conference will take place from Thursday 15th of August till Sunday
18th of August. In addition there will be an option to participate on a
trip to Tallinn, Estonia from Sunday 18th of August till Tuesday 20th of
August. The trip to Tallinn includes a visit to Estonian Radio.

We have tried to get the prices as low as possible, as we know that most
of the participants will be travelling as hobbyists. The conference fee
including welcome reception, the banquet and the tour to the Pori SW
transmitter centre is 65 Euros (1 Euro is about 0.88 USD). One night in
the conference hotel in a double room will be around 43 Euros / person
(including sea view, breakfast and the spa) and 65 Euros in a single room.
There is also a good camping area with cottages only 300 metres away from
the hotel (some activities will even take place in the camping) and from
there you can get even cheaper lodging. The price for the trip to Tallinn
is 195 Euros (double room) and 245 Euros (single room)..

The conference www-pages are available at
http://www.sdxl.org/edxc/edxc2002.html. We'll be happy to answer your
questions. Please use e-mail address edxc2002@xxxxxxxxx The conference
agenda will be updated regularly and new items will also be added to the
www pages soon.

We hope to see as many of you as possible in Pori! Please don't hesitate
to contact us, if you have any questions, comment or ideas. Join us now!
Most likely there will be no other DX-meetings in Europe offering same
quality and quantity coming for years.

Welcome to Finland!
The Finnish DX Association (FDXA)

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 is out!
You can get yours for $17.47 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.