[HCDX] EDXC Conference 2002

The EDXC Conference 2002 was held last weekend in Yyteri, Pori, Finland
and judging from the feedback the meeting was a big success. The weathers
were gorgeous, the Yyteri national park area absolutely magnificient and
the programme with its several specialities worked.

The www-pages of the meeting will be available up to 20th of September at
www.sdxl.org/edxc/edxc2002.

Altogether 130 dxers, shortwave listeners and representatives of
international radio stations attended the meeting. Over 20 of them also
joined the visit to Tallinn, Estonia.

The only sad thing of this confrerence was that in Tallinn our friend from
Radio Vlaanderen International, Mr. Frans Vossen injured his knee badly
and he had to stay a couple of days at a hospital in Tallinn, before he
was last Wednesday transported to Brussels. A bigger surgery operation is
needed, and this has probably taken place today. So Frans will be off the
air for maybe a couple of months. We wish him a good recovery.

As the chairman of the organizing committee I want to thank all
organizers, programme presenters and all attendees for making the Yyteri
meeting unforgettable.

73

Risto Vahakainu
FDXA

Keep in mind EDXC Conference 2002 in mid-August - the biggest DX and SWL
meeting in Europe! See http://www.sdxl.org/edxc/edxc2002.html, come to
Pori, Finland and enjoy!