[HCDX] Japan Short Wave Club 50th Anniversary program

Helping out and getting these information to the correct mailing
list... Enjoy!

Date:  Sat, 20 Apr 2002 22:01:00 +0900
From:  "Nobuya Kato" <jswc50@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear sirs,

This year, Japan Short Wave Club -JSWC- celebrates 50th anniversary
since its foundation, and has a plan to broadcast its special programs
on shortwave.

According to the monthly magazine "SW DX Guide" (Vol. 51 No.4)
issued by our club, the weekly DX program "Wavescan" of Adventist
World Radio will pick up our club's special commemoration program on
28th April.

This is thanks to Dr. Adrian Peterson's special arrangement.

The English language program of Adventist World Radio can be heard as
follows:

(All times in UTC. According to
<http://www.awr.org/listener-services-program-schedule.html> )

  To Africa:(To Zone A from Moosbrunn, Austria)
  0700-0730  7230kHz
  0830-0930  17780kHz
  2100-2200  15355kHz
  (To Zone B from Meyerton, South Africa)
  0500-0530  5960,6015kHz
  0530-0630  15105kHz
  1800-1830  5970,6095kHz
  2000-2100  9745kHz
  (To Zone C from Meyerton, South Africa)
  0400-0430  7235kHz
  0430-0500  11975kHz
  0500-0530  5960,6015kHz
  0600-0630  15105kHz
  1800-1830  5970,6095kHz
  1800-1900  7170kHz
  2000-2100  9745kHz

  To Europe:(To Zone A from Rimavska Sobota, Slovakia)
  1930-2000  7130kHz

  To Middle East:(To Zone B from Moosbrunn, Austria / Agat, Guam)
  0200-0230  9820kHz
 1630-1700  9385,15450kHz

  To Central Asia:(To Zone A from Abu Dhabi, UAE)
  0330-0400  11775kHz
  1300-1330  17740kHz

  To Southern Asia:(To Zone A from Abu Dhabi, UAE/ Moosbrunn, Austria)
  0030-0100  6035,6055kHz
  0200-0230  9820kHz
  1330-1400  15320kHz
  (To Zone B from Abu Dhabi, UAE/ Agat, Guam)
  0030-0100  6035,6055kHz
  1300-1330  15385kHz
  1630-1700  9600,11850kHz

  To Northeast Asia:(To Zone A from Agat, Guam)
  1330-1400  11705,11980kHz
  2130-2200  11850,11980kHz
  (To Zone B from Agat, Guam)
  1000-1100  11560kHz

  To South East Asia:(To Zone A from Agat, Guam)
  1300-1330  15385kHz
  (To Zone B from Agat, Guam)
  1000-1030  11930kHz
No English Language broadcast to the Americas./Oceania can be found.

According to Mr. Victor Hulbert, Director, English Language & Listener
Services of Adventist World Radio, all broadcasts listed for English
except
some of those for Africa will be Wavescan.

A special QSL card from JSWC will be issued for correct reception
reports
sent to:
Japan Short Wave Club (JSWC), 50th Anniversary Committee, P.O.Box 138,
Yokohama Port, 231-8691 Japan.
Please enclose 1 IRC or U.S. 1 dollar bill.

As you may know, we have already held the first special broadcast from
Voice
of America on 16 March. That was an interview program by Mr.
Toshimichi
Ohtake, a senior member of JSWC and Dr. Kim Andrew Elliott, the former
host
of "Communications World ".

So those who missed to hear this program, please visit the following
address.
    <http://wrn.org/ondemand/communicationsworld.html>
You may listen to an interview as JSWC special broadcast, together
with the
segment looking backs on the VOA Japanese Service which went off the
air in
1970.

We hope your continuous support of our club activities in the future.

With kind regards,

Nobuya Kato,  A volunteer staff of JSWC 50th anniversary project

c/o Japan Short Wave Club, 50th Anniversary Committee,
P.O.Box 138, Yokohama Port, 231-8691 JAPAN

e-mail: jswc50@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 is out!
You can get yours for $17.47 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.