Re: [HCDX] UNID on 4790 kHz

On 18 May 2002 at 22:21, Jouko Huuskonen wrote:

> Ten minutes ago 19 UT I was a listening to an Arabic station on 4790 kHz. I´m quite or pretty
> positive it was BROADCASTING SERVICE OF THE KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA. That´s their
> ID sounded like 19 UT. Really,I don´t own any recording device. Is there anybody there, who
> can can confirm this logging?!
>
> Really strange frequency for Saudies. More info needed., pse.
>
> 73´s
> Jouko Huuskonen
> Turku FINLAND

Dear Jouko,

According to the 4th edition of the Domestic Broadcasting Survey (DBS)
which the DSWCI just has published, it is the half frequency of BSKSA 2nd
programme, broadcast from Jeddah on 9580 kHz at 0256-0600 and 1630v-
2200v UTC.

If you or anybody else are interested in more details on the new DBS, please
contact me on
anker.petersen@xxxxxxxxxxx

Best 73,
Anker

You can

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 is out!
You can get yours for $17.47 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.