Re: [HCDX] UNID on 4790 kHz

>Ten minutes ago 19 UT I was a listening to an Arabic station on 4790
kHz. I´m quite or pretty  positive it was BROADCASTING SERVICE OF THE
KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA. That´s their ID sounded like 19 UT. Really, I
don´t own any recording device. Is there anybody there, who can can
confirm this logging?!
Really strange frequency for Saudies. More info needed., pse.

It is the 1/2 harmonic of the 50 kW transmitter in Jeddah, which has
been observed for years. The fundamental frequency is 9580, it has been
operating on 9578 kHz for some time, resulting in a harmonic on 4789. It
has been used both by BSKSA as well as the Clandestine Voice of Iraqi
People in the past.
Readers of the TBL are informed about this ;-)
http://www.radio-portal.org/wp/tbl.html

73,
Willi

--
     _/_/ http://www.radio-portal.org
    _/_/ Shortwave and more linked to you

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 is out!
You can get yours for $17.47 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.