Re: [HCDX] African stations

At 13:30 7.8.2002 +0200, you wrote:
>   Did you heard this country last weeks ? I would  like to hear only on
>short wave (no relay in europe please):

My observations since June are the following:

Algeria  - Nothing.
Guinea Equatorial - Nothing.
Angola - RN Luanda regularly on 4951 in night time after VOA
Sao Tome closes down.
Ethiopia - R Ethiopia, Gedja, on 5990, closing down 2000.
or Radio Fana, regularly on 6940 after 1700 UTC.
Burundi - Nothing for many years.
Cameroon - Nothing for many years.
Sudan - Very weak on 7200 at 1800 UTC, no ID.
Swaziland - TWR Swaziland audible sometimes on 3240 in
night time.
Central African Republique - Nothing for many years.
Chad - Nothing for many years.
Congo Kinshasa - Nothing, unless Lumumbashi pops up on
7435, not heard so far.
Congo Brazzaville - Good signal on 5985 in evening, whenever
transmitter is on - it is not always on.
Kenya - Nothing, their only SW freq 4915 (10 kW) is blocked
by stronger Ghana. MW (1386 etc) would be easier way.
Malawi - Nothing for many years.
Mozambique - Nothing for many years.
Namibia - Sometimes a decent signal on 3270 overnight.
Niger - Nothing. Inactive at the moment.
Sierra Leone - Radio UNAMSIL carrier on 6137. SLBC not active.
Somalia - Radio Hargeisa can be heard on 7530 after 1900 UTC.
Togo - Nothing for many years.
Zimbabwe - Nothing. Should be active on 5975 and 6045 overnight.
Not heard so far.
Lesotho - Nothing.

Jari Lehtinen, Lahti, Finland

Keep in mind EDXC Conference 2002 in mid-August - the biggest DX and SWL
meeting in Europe! See http://www.sdxl.org/edxc/edxc2002.html, come to
Pori, Finland and enjoy!