From: "raerica" <ramerica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Joe Talbot" <n52w113@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Radio America
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 06:46:24 -0500

Mr. Joe Talbot,
Red Deer, Alberta,
CANADA

Dear Mr. Joe Talbot:

I have pleasure in verifying your reception of our test transmissions, on
the frequency of 7300 KHZ, 41 Metres, heard during the hours of 0230 to 0400
UTC, at your location.

The details mentioned correspond with the test transmissions being realized
by ZP20, Radio América.

I sincerely appreciate your comments. The "swooshing sounds" mentioned come
from fine-adjustments being made in the system, and from demodulation
interference, originating with a nearby, high-power transmitter. The bells
come from the Compact Disc of Classical Music, utilized as test programming.

The transmitter on 7300 KHZ is solid-state, and is capable of generating 2,4
KW of output power. It is a Class A Linear Amplifier. This transmitter is
located at our Villeta site. Owing to wild electrical supply, our equipment
at Villeta functions from a group of accumulators, recharged by rectifiers.
The frequency of 7300 KHZ feeds a large Corner Reflector Antenna, having a
theoretical gain of 25 dBi. This antenna is oriented towards 184 degrees
from Magnetic North. Your reception most likely came from a trans-Polar,
South-North Pacific Ocean path.

I should mention that we are not yet at full power, but test at much less
than the 2,4 KW.  Your reception was from a power of, approximately, 25
Watts!

The frequency 15185 KHZ is temporarily off-air, for equipment
reconstruction.  We received no reports on this frequency, whatsoever.

At present, we are testing on 1610 KHZ (Medium Waves), using low power and a
5/8-ths Wavelength Antenna. The tower is 125 Metres tall;
on 4830 KHZ, 60 Metres, also using a vertical tower; and on 7300 KHZ, with
the characteristics previously noted.

Your reception reports are always appreciated!

With best regards from Paraguay!
Maiteípa!  (Greetings, in the Guaraní language)

Adán Mur,
Technical Advisor,
Radiodifusión América,
Asunción, Paraguay

ramerica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: Joe Talbot <n52w113@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: <ramerica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 9:24 PM Subject: Radio America

> Hello: Greetings from western Canada. I have been hearing what I believe
> is part(s) of you stations ongoing test transmissions on 7300 kHz, at
> various times during our local evenings, 0230-0400 GMT. What has been
heard
> are the swooshing sounds made by a tube type transmitter as it is being
> loaded up or tuned, also more importantly is the distinct sound of soft
> bells not unlike hand bells that choirs play. This could be a signature
tune
> or interval signal? It is definitely not another station signing on as
these
> sounds and soft bells are being heard well before the top-of-the-hour or
> bottom-of-the-hour. Nothing has been heard on your 15 mHz frequency after
> nearly a previous week of monitoring.
> I would be interested to hear back from you or your staff regarding
Radio
> America, I would especially be interested in knowing if you could provide
me
> with some sort of schedule of your testing hours. I would be more than
happy
> to listen for your "test" and report back to you.
> I wish you and your staff continued success and await your kind reply.
> 73's to you all.000
>
> Joe Talbot
> Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.
> N: 52-16-18 W: 113-48-46
> Grid: DO32cg
> Rx: Rockwell Collins HF-2050
> Antennas: 7 Slinky-28m, 32m Sloper. 19.7m
> Tower.

 Joe Talbot
 Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.
 N: 52-16-18 W: 113-48-46
 Grid: DO32cg
 Rx: Rockwell Collins HF-2050
 Antennas: 7 Slinky-28m, 32m Sloper. 19.7m
           Tower.

Keep in mind EDXC Conference 2002 in mid-August - the biggest DX and SWL
meeting in Europe! See http://www.sdxl.org/edxc/edxc2002.html, come to
Pori, Finland and enjoy!