[HCDX] Re: Four Venezuelans Still On Shortwave

[HCDX] Re: Four Venezuelans Still On Shortwave

Nice report!  What a shame the Venezuelans have reduced their SW stations to a measly four!  DXing Venezuela was my favorite pastime in the late 70's.  I especially enjoyed R. Rumbos and R. Barquisimeto.

Now I have substituted Venezuelans with Peruvians and Bolivians.  Lots of those to be logged.  60/90m will always be my two favorite bands.  As we lose some stations for whatever reasons, we also tend to gain some, as more are starting to appear/reappear.

Hopefully, as I tune the 60m band in the future, I will come across the unique piano sounding interval signal that R. Rumbos used at the beginning of every announcement.  Now, if only I could tune them in on MW!!!

73,
Ed Sylvester NI6S
Los Angeles
aidehua@xxxxxxx