[HCDX] Re: 6715 Korean from Las Palmas

All the credit and congratulations to
Sung Chul Cho of the Republic of Korea
for investigating and solving this 6715U
mystery. As I was in close e-mail contact
with Cho these days sharing some thoughts,
may I put the findings in brief for those who
might not be familiar with the "6715U unid".

-  In February 2002, David Hodgson, TN, USA,
first logged unid religious station on 6715U.
-  Soon it was found out that the language was
Korean and the programs were aired on Sundays,
Wednesdays and Fridays during UT evenings.
-  As heard only in Europe and USA suggested
the station was somewhere in Europe or Africa.
-  The broadcast schedule switched to DST in the end
of March.
-  Direction finding in Europe shows 224/044 degrees (WB).
-  David sent a recording of the program to Sung Chul Cho.
-  Cho finds out the program was related to Full Gospel
Church of Korea.
-  Cho finds out from the tape they mention "Full Gospel
Las Palmas Church"
-  Cho finds a letter from FG Las Palmas Church to Yoido
(FG Church in Korea) in Koream at the Yoido web site,
mentioning they relay the church service via SSB
for Korean fishermen.
-  An FG churchmember in Las Palmas confirms after
listening to an audiofile of 6715 that the program is
theirs (Cho).
-  And finally, I myself just got an e-mail from the church
itself (to my report and mp3 file) confirming
this all (see below).

 Well, the transmitter might be located at Las Palmas,
Canary Islands. Speculating -  the programs may be
relayed from the church via t.ex. VHF radio to a fishing
vessel and re-transmitted from there. Ahh, forget it.

Jari Savolainen
Kuusankoski
Finland
-------