[HCDX] EWE Antenna

A properly designed EWE receive antenna should be non resonant and have no
noticeable bandwidth within the AM broadcast band. Running parallel wires on
a EWE would only make it harder to maximize front to back due to interaction
of the wires. I abandoned the EWE a good while back for the "KAZ" type of
delta loop and then the flag antenna, which has more gain then the delta
loop. With the delta and flag receive antennas you overcome the inherent
weakness of the EWE design, which is dependence on good ground conductivity
under and around the antenna.

73,
Thomas Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA

KN4LF 160 Meter Amateur Radio Resources  And More:
http://www.kn4lf.com

In a message dated 10/15/2002 9:14:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,