[HCDX] Changes in antenna

--- Begin Message ---
After adding a 300 foot piece of wire // with my Eastern beverage, 1 1/2
feet above the ground right under it, I disconnected the ground rods I
had been using and hooked up the counterpoise. What a difference in
pattern!  Many frequencies were mumble jumbles.

Here is some of the more interesting stuff:

1170   XEFEM    MEXICO, Hermosillo, good and dominant often way over
KLOK-San Jose, which is normally a strong dominant. XEFEM with RAM mx
and lots of "Radio Bonita" IDs. A spot at 0440 UTC 10/29 mention
"Hermosillo". Great music. New! Listed as 1 KW nights. Unbelieveable!
(PM-OR)

1180    ........       CUBA, La Habana, good over KLAY with nice older
Cuban mx non-stop with few anmts  until 0530 UTC 10/29 then fanfare
music and mentions of "La Habana" and "Radio Rebelde". I haven't heard a
Cuban this strong for many years. (PM-OR

1230     KZZR     OREGON, Burns, totally dominant over local KKEE, with
C&W mx at KZZR ID at 0430 UTC 10/29. (PM-OR)

This is indeed interesting. I just ran the wire out through the
blackberry brambles (my fingers feel it too!!!) about 1 1/2 feet above
the ground and 3 1/2 feet below the Eastern beverage. The wire is not
terminated. I wonder if I should? I was going to run the counterpoise or
BOG the whole length of the beverage, but I ran out of daylight. Now I
am wondering if I should. Anyone have any throught on this?

Drake R8
1500' Eastern Beverage Term.
with 300' Eastern counterpoise.

Patrick Martin