[HCDX] Las Palmas

Hi, tho very inactive at the moment, I send out this feeler :

Going to Gran Canary on Sat Nov 2, just for a week. Hotel and which playa only known upon arrival, but surely there'll be some time over for DX-contacts. Anybody who knows about local DX-ers or  perhaps even clubs on this island ?

I cannot promise anything, but I will try to investigate the whereabouts of the tx of   6715U.  I have heard it too. The program source was revealed I see. Now I am scraping up the leads I have seen in HCDX and other sources.

[Believe it or not, but I remember well a Korean connection of my own from that island. I was guiding a bussload of Swedish tourists up in the mountains in 1973, I think, among the passengers were half a dozen of really Nordic blond and tall girls. At a stop at one of the calderas we found another tourist bus  parked there. It was stranded and the driver was sweating to do some repairs. His passengers were standing about, obviously already tired of the views and  waiting to get on. They were all Korean sailors, and now they really got something interesting to look at. I asked Pusan ? and they all smiled and nodded. My group had their view of the volcano and we left, but first I had to throw out a couple of Korean guys who had follwed the girls onboard our bus. We waved them goodbye. That's the closest to ethnic cleansing I have come - and that cruel _expression_ became known only  many years later]              73 Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden. (Sony ICF-SW7600G while on vacation.)