[HCDX] Logs made on the car-radio

Hello !

We had two visits this evening, one to a 20 year old friend of my father who is studying both philosophy and photography at the McGill University (in the Cartierville area of Montreal) and another to a family (in the St.-Laurent suburb), both romanians. We listened to the 50 kW local Infos 6-90, CJPX 99.5, the first track of a CD and DX, of course. En route, my father checked for me some DX channels; the only consisent LAm signal was obviously R. Vision Cristiana-530, but with a whip antenna, signals from co-channel domestics cannot be nulled (i.e.: WJR on 760 QRMing Baranquilia). I also heard a good signal from assumed WRVA-1140, before lost to unknown noise source, near the parking of the first person. What is interesting is that this car-radio do receive some side-band splatter 30 kHz away from the nominal frequency of a local (hearing some slops from CKAC on 760); I do not call this a selectif receiver.

After listening about 4 minutes of 530 we turned the radio to FM and listened to some waltz and classic Christmas music on local CJPX-99.5. It was quite nice, to say the last !

 Here is the full report:
(Times in EST)

QTHs: Pierrefonds/Montreal/St.-Laurent, Quebec, Canada
Equipment: Hyonda Protégé car radio w/ the whip antenna

 530 Turks and Caicos, R. Vision Cristiana Internacíonal  DEC 7 2136 EST - very good to fair, then again faded up to near-excellent strenght; SS tropical song, then man talking about "Dios", "Navidad" and giving their phone number 1-973-881-1130. CIAO was in very ocasionally and usually barely detectable w/ bits of ethnic audio really  way underneath; some electrical noises QRM from circulation fires on two ocasions (Chiochiu-StLQC)
 690 CINF, Infos 690  DEC 7 1840 - this was the station we listened to until we arrived near the home of the first person, news and traffic/weather reports; the first news report we heard was about people that stayed for 70 days in the space (Chiochiu-QC)
 750 DEC 7 various times EST  WSB/YVKS - fighting in and out the CKAC splatter, usually very weak (Chiochiu-StLQC)
 760 Colombia, HJAJ (RCN) Barranquilla  DEC 7 2131 - Man in spanish w/ a Colombian accent under WJR; a few side-band slops from CKAC-730 (Chiochiu-StLQC)
1140 WRVA Richmond, VA  DEC 7 1856 - Talk noted in passing at very good to good level; high-noise level that abruptly appeared prompted my father to move the radio to FM, just before stoping it and the car (Chiochiu-MtlQC)
1390 sport game  DEC 7 1855 (Chiochiu-MtlQC)
1610 CJWI local  DEC 7 1938 - noted w/ Creole music (Chiochiu-MtlQC)

This is all we heard in the car this evening. I hope to do an hour or so of DX listening now, before going to sleep. I'll have to do a preparation for a french oral tomorrow that we'll have this Wensday.

That's it for now !,
73 and good DX,
Bogdan Chiochiu