[HCDX] LAm loggings from the past night (January 10 2003)

[HCDX] LAm loggings from the past night (January 10 2003)

Hello !

Excellent condx during the early to mid evening part up to about 10:45 PM when interferences (both domestic and Latin American) growed up to huge levels and I had to go to bed for the last day of this week at school. Tonight, I can barely get audio from RCN 760, but this was a half-hour ago. In an hour or so, I should get a bunch of Latins again since we seems to be in a "hot" cycle of enhanced Pan-American DX reception here in North-America. The only new catche was YVQT 1080. I still haven't found the idendity of the unID meringue stn on 600, it is NOT Nicaragua, wich was also in occasionally but very chopped among LA's/WICC and nulled CKAT (country mx), and was also new, but tentative because of the huge QRM; I did copy the word Ponce (a city in Puerto Rico) in // with the www.live365.com/stations/clickaya Internet stream of La Nueva Ya (Ya en la noche), but there was too much QRM to be really sure of it. So I can say I hear Nicaragua, mixing with Radio Rebelde, WICC anf the meringue stn. But who was playing meringue ? Maybe our friends in Venezuela can help here...

Into the logs now:

QTH: Pierrefonds-Est-Montreal, Quebec, Canada

530 Turks and Caicos,    RVC Internacíonal  JAN 10 0335 - Rel. talk "...desde Isus, nuestro señor" and gived phone number. Very good (Chiochiu-PQ)
600 unID,   JAN 10 0126 - Meringue music. Fair-poor w/ QRM mainly from Cuba. Not // La Nueva Radio Ya Internet. Jumped back and fourth beetwen the basement and my radio to give tips to LatinMWDX, so maybe I missed some possible IDs on this one ? What kind of music the Colombian on this freq. in Barranquilia (HJHJ Radio Libertad) do play ? (Chiochiu-PQ)
600 Cuba,    CMKV Radio Rebelde, Urbano Norris  JAN 10 0138 - overtaking the unID meringue mx stn with "Deportivamente", //1180 (Chiochiu-PQ)
600 Nicaragua,   YNLD, Managua  JAN 10 0154 (+/-) - talk about Ponce during sports segment. // to Internet broadcast in the (Rebelde/unID/WICC) mess. This is the first time I really heard it. Thanks to Henrik Klemetz for pointing to me their web-site ! (Chiochiu-PQ)
640 Guadeloupe, Radio Guadeloupe, Pointe-à-Pitre JAN 10 0034 - Recent disco tune, followed by a very short Radio Guadeloupe liner then a rap song. Nice signal + JAN 10 0055 - Nelly "No Matter What I Do ?" rap hit followed by man in FF to local news. Good and steady, still at a very good level at 0106+ after I sented this tip to LatinMWDX. Typically the strongest Caribbean signal here ! + JAN 10 0332-0335 - Excellent, but overtaked by Cuba and other QRM at 0335, playing EE rap, then pgm ID "(musique ?) rap sur Radio Guadeloupe. Ecoutez !" followed by a song wich sounded more like a blend of zouk and soca, rather than rap. This is the night when I heard the Radio Guadeloupe mentions the most times. Did they use the RFO slogan as well ? (Chiochiu-PQ)
640 Venezuela, YVQO, Unión Radio, Puerto-La Cruz (Anzoàtegui) JAN 10 0228 - Venezuelan news. Talk about Hugo Chavez and the man anncr. announced the " - problemas politicas en nuestro país". Good, mixed with Guadeloupe (wich had a man talking in creole at that time). (Chiochiu-PQ)
640 Cuba, Radio Progreso (CMBC Guanabacoa and/or CMBD Las Tunas) JAN 10 0335 - Salsa mx with a fair, but messy signal overtaking Guadeloupe over/under, lots of interference from WNNZ and possible Venezuela. (Chiochiu-PQ)
750 Venezuela, YVKS RCR, Caracas (Distrito Federal) JAN 10 0234 - Man and Woman in Spanish. Very poor, but WSB also weak ! (Chiochiu-PQ)
760 Colombia, HJAJ RCN, Barranquilia JAN 10 0235 - Futboll game. RCN ID at 0238, mention of "la pelota" (the ball in EE) at 0241. Fair to somewhat good, then faded. (Chiochiu-PQ)
780 unID JAN 10 0232 - Trop. mx. Poor and fading out in less than 20 seconds. Weak remaints of nulled WBBM appeared then, but CJAD 20 kHz away moderate local splash was the biggest problem. Did Radio Coro have moved to 610 ? (Chiochiu-PQ).
1080 Venezuela, YVQT Barcelona (Anzoàtegui) JAN 10 0109 - Man in SS, ment. of Anzoátegui way under WTIC. Venezuela nr. 11 and Anzoátegui nr. 2 (Chiochiu-PQ)
1180 Cuba, Radio Rebelde CMBA, Villa-Maria  JAN 10 0125 - Good with WHAM: Man in Spanish (sounded like a monologue but too much WHAM to understand much), switched to sports program "Deportivamente" probably at :30, but I was buzzy sending to Matt L and the rest of the LatinMWDX gang the tip on the unID meringue music stn. wich appeared on //600. (Chiochiu-PQ)

Domestic DX:

1080 WVCG Choral Gates, FL - very tentative; EE under WTIC at 0113 way u/ with Venezuela QSBing out (Chiochiu-PQ)

That's it for now !
73 and good dx,
Bogdan Chiochiu

I sleeped during most of this afternoon so can do some DX'ing later tonight. It's already 10PM.

World Radio TV Handbook 2003 will be out soon. Order it now!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/095358643X/hardcoredxcom