[HCDX] Re: Radio Togo QSL

Per info from Glenn Hauser, what I assumed was the v/s "Fransai Auglais, Langues Nationales" is French for "French, English National language" Next time I will have the whole card translated and assume nothing!

Chris Lobdell mentioned in an e-mail that this is the same style card he recieved in 1968! I guess some things really do not change!

Scott R Barbour Jr, Intervale,N.H. USA

>>TOGO Radio Togo,Lome. 5047 f/d "Logo over globe" cd (white and yellow
striped card, silhouette of Togo on left-hand border) in French. Full
schedule included w/ details. v/s Fransai Auglais,Langues Nationales.
Nice
"Repubique Togolaise" postage stamp of woman in head-dress. This in 47
days
for 1 IRC and an English report. Very pleased!
Scott R Barbour Jr, Intervale,N.H.-USA

>From your description, this is virtually identical to the Togo QSL I
received in 1977.  My card also said "français, anglais, langues
nationales"
instead of the name of a v/s.  The card even took about the same time
arrive (reception on July 9, 1977, postmarked August 5), though for a
report
written in FF.  Same frequency to boot.  Some things never change.

The QSL I received came with commemorative stamps for the 100th
anniversary
of the birth of Winston Churchill, issued in 1974, and Ecole Nationale
d'Agriculture de Tove.

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON  Canada

Do you Yahoo!?

World Radio TV Handbook 2003 will be out soon. Order it now!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/095358643X/hardcoredxcom