Re: [HCDX] Wireless Network QRM on MW

Hi,
perhaps it would be interesting to make an audio collection of interfering sounds
what could be useful for source identification to those of us who fight with QRM and
do not know where it comes from.

Karel Honzik
the Czech Republic (Czechia)
***********************************

> Johan Letterstål wrote:
>
> > Does the signal have a period of one sec (1Hz)?
> > My nearby neighbour installed ADSL and WLAN last year and I
> > strongly suspect this to be the source of my QRM problem which
> > started about the same time.
>
> Yes, that would be about right. It took a few days for the penny to drop, in
> fact what alerted me was that I was listening to BBC 5 Live on 909 in the
> same room as the device, and out of the corner of my eye I observed the
> green light flashing in sync with the noise I heard in the background. Since
> I was not using the LAN, I cut the power to the device and the noise stopped
> :-)
>
> If you're on friendly terms with your neighbour, I'm sure he or she wouldn't
> mind switching off the WLAN for a few moments to determine whether it's the
> source of your problem. In my case, it seems I'm causing my own QRM!
>
> Andy
>

> ---[Start Commercial]---------------------
>
> World Radio TV Handbook 2003 will be out soon. Order it now!
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/095358643X/hardcoredxcom

> THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS FREE. It may be copied, distributed
> and/or modified under the conditions set down in the Design Science License
> published by Michael Stutz at http://dsl.org/copyleft/dsl.txt

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.435 / Virová báze: 244 - datum vydání: 30.12.2002