FW: [HCDX] Wireless Network QRM on MW

Johan Letterstål wrote:

> Does the signal have a period of one sec (1Hz)?
> My nearby neighbour installed ADSL and WLAN last year and I
> strongly suspect this to be the source of my QRM problem which
> started about the same time.

Yes, that would be about right. It took a few days for the penny to drop, in
fact what alerted me was that I was listening to BBC 5 Live on 909 in the
same room as the device, and out of the corner of my eye I observed the
green light flashing in sync with the noise I heard in the background. Since
I was not using the LAN, I cut the power to the device and the noise stopped
:-)

If you're on friendly terms with your neighbour, I'm sure he or she wouldn't
mind switching off the WLAN for a few moments to determine whether it's the
source of your problem. In my case, it seems I'm causing my own QRM!

Andy

World Radio TV Handbook 2003 will be out soon. Order it now!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/095358643X/hardcoredxcom