[HCDX] Full report

Hello again !

I've been buzzy over the last half-hour resolving a problem on maths withs %, but now I'm back to the computer before another evening full of DX. Here is all I've heard of interest on both MW and SW the past night.

AM:

Pan-American DX:

530 TURKS AND CAICOS,    RVC, Caicos  FEB 04 0259 - time check as "diez cincuenta y nueve en el Caribe" over gospel song wich ended a minute later, then ToH triple ID for WWRV-1330, WVIP-1310 and RVC-530 with "Nuevo Año" jingle, then another rel. px. (Chiochiu-QC)
600 DOMINICAN REPUBLIC,    Estacíon (?), Santo Domingo  FEB 4 0304 - meringue music slightly under WICC (Chiochiu-QC)
600 CUBA     CMKV, Radio Rebelde  FEB 04 0257 - Woman in Spanish // 670 (Chiochiu-QC)
630 PUERTO RICO,    WUNO NotiUno, San Juan  FEB 04 0153 - Announcer said "escuchamos...", SS talk, a correspondant talked about something (too much QRM to determinate what) and mentionated NotiUno at the end of his report. Poor with heavy QRM from CHLT and WPRO. New with this call signs, but received 3 times before, in March 2001, when they were La Super Cadena (WSKN). (Chiochiu-QC)
640 GUADELOUPE,    Radio Guadeloupe, Pointe-à-Pitre  FEB 04 0133 - end of carribean mx block; male DJ gived UTC-4 time-check and sayed it's "sur Radio Guadeloupe", mentionated tracks they played in the mx block followed by talk-show about the political issueas of Guadeloupe. Poor/fair to good. + FEB 4 0419 - Excellent w/ report about gynecology, more precisely about menopause, but soon overtaked by Union Radio-Venezuela (Chiochiu-QC)
640 VENEZUELA,   YVQO, Unión Radio, Puerto-La Cruz  FEB 04 0424 - "Unión Radio, la radio de noticías" spot and "Union Radio Noticías" jingle followed by items about Cuba. Very good and over Guadeloupe until about 0429 UTC (2329 EsT) (Chiochiu-QC)
670 CUBA,   CMQ, Radio Rebelde, Arroyo Arrenas FEB 04 0257-0258 - Very weak signal, but only with a slight local 690 het (SIO 141) w/ woman in SS, // 600 . (Chiochiu-QC)
760 COLOMBIA,   HJAJ, RCN, Barranquilla  FEB 04 0202 - "el informativo Grana Horar" spot; fairly good signal. + FEB 4 0212 - ad for a CD, followed by "Nocturna RCN, lo ultimo en noticías" jingle program spot followed by an item about cocaine sent to the United States. Very good (Chiochiu-QC)
770 COLOMBIA,   HJJX, RCN, Bogota  FEB 04 0503 - Spanish pgm, //760. Good, but under WABC (Chiochiu-QC)
890 CUBA,    CMDZ, Radio Progreso, Chambas  FEB 04 0356  - Fair with cuban music. (Chiochiu-QC)
1180 CUBA,   CMBA, Radio Rebelde, Villa Maria - logged, details not taked. (Chiochiu-QC)

Domestic DX:

750 WSB,  Atlanta, GA   FEB 03 2302 EST - "News-Talk 7-50, WSB. Depend on it !". Very strong reception. This was a 'pest' while trying to get HJDK (Caracol outlet in Medellin, Colombia) on this channel at that time. (Chiochiu-QC)
820 CHAM,  Hamilton, ON  FEB 03 2314 EST - with ID "...to Bufallo. This is Ontario best country, 8-20 CHAM" beetwen two country music tunes. Very good to good. New log for me ! Also heard WBAP a couple of dozens of minutes earlier on the Sangean barefoot ! Thanks to Sheldon Harvey for pointing out to me the stn I heard the last Saturday night QRMing WBAP was this one ! (Chiochiu-QC)
840 WHAS,  Louisville, KY  2230 FEB 03 EST - mentions of Louisville, "News Radio 8-40 WHAS". Excellent signal. NEW ! Also heard only SLIGHTLY weakly on my better (but poorer in the 800-900 kHz range) Sanyo MCD-S830 about 40 minutes later. (Chiochiu-QC)
1100 WBT,  Charlotte, NC  FEB 03 2305-2309 EST - Wx., spots then back to talk pgm about the Columbia disaster. Excellent to very good signal, but with intense fadings. Extremely weak SAH detectable, probably from Radio Carupano-Venezuela (a LAm regularly bagged on the East Coast by DX'ers such as Mark Connelly). (Chiochiu-QC)

Shortwave:

6185 MEXICO   XEMPM, Radio Educacíon, México, DF  FEB 04 0202 - ID "Radio Educacíon, la radio que educa..." during talk pgm about "el presidente Fox". Fairly good signal but w/ lots of TV interferences coming from our Greek neighborhoods TV set. I went outside 30 minutes later and put the wire away from our neighborhoods house and the reception improved very much (i.e.: rancheras - very good at 0206 followed by spanish comments at 0207 - only minor co-channel QRM from what sounded like Voice of Russia - no sign of any TVI). Nice catche, but I would feel even happier, when I will hear their MW outlet on 1060 kHz. (Chiochiu-QC)

6890 unID PIRATE,  FEB 04 0316 - USA talk program. Didn't sound and didn't seem to be a spur, so probably a pirate stn or a relay of an AM broadcast station. (Chiochiu-QC)

9665 Brazil   Radio Nacional AM Brasilía - logged, details not taked this time ! (Chiochiu-QC).

That's it for now !
I'm ready for a night full of DX. I plan to go to bed around 11-11:30 PM; I would like to go to bed even later, but I have school tomorrow.
73 and good DX,
Bogdan Chiochiu