[HCDX] two new logs from the past night (FEB 3, 2002 - EsT)

[HCDX] two new logs from the past night (FEB 3, 2002 - EsT)

Hello to all of you !

Managed to hear two new Latins the last night - one on AM and another one on SW. The new AMer has been previously heard 3 times before but with other call signs and another network. The details before:

Equipment: Sanyo MCD-S830 portable w/ ferrite bar antenna
QTH: Pierrefonds-Est (Montreal), Quebec, Canada

Heard on the nice Sanyo's MCD-S830 barefoot:

630 PUERTO RICO    WUNO NotiUno, San Juan  FEB 4 0153 - Announcer said "escuchamos...", SS talk, a correspondant talked about something (too much QRM to determinate what) and mentionated NotiUno at the end of his report. Poor with heavy QRM from CHLT and WPRO. New with this call signs, but received 3 times before, in March 2001, when they were La Super Cadena (WSKN). (Chiochiu-QC)

Heard on a Sangean ATS-606A with long-wire antenna:

6185 MEXICO   XEMPM, Radio Educacíon, México, DF  FEB 4 0202 - ID "Radio Educacíon, la radio que educa..." during talk pgm about "el presidente Fox". Fairly good signal but w/ lots of TV interferences coming from our Greek neighborhoods TV set. I went outside 30 minutes later and put the wire away from our neighborhoods house and the reception improved very much (i.e.: rancheras - very good at 0206 followed by spanish comments at 0207 - only minor co-channel QRM from what sounded like Voice of Russia - no sign of any TVI). Nice catche, but I would feel even happier, when I will hear their MW outlet on 1060 kHz. (Chiochiu-QC)

More logs to follow later as I have to finnish a homework on maths right now,
73 and good DX,
Bogdan Chiochiu