Re: [HCDX] UNID Arab 1584

At 02:27 PM 2/5/2003 -0800, you wrote:

> Wasn't this frequency of the VOA in Bahrain during/after the Gulf War I?
>Maybe that transmitter has been reactivated?
>
> Risto

But didn't that particular TX go to Kuwait where it was
adjusted to 1548?
It would be interesting to know whether Al Mustaqbal 1575 and
Twin Rivers Radio (Idha'at Rafidain) 1566 are on air in the same
time with R Tigris. Perhaps somebody is trying to crowd
the whole end of AM band with various Arabic clandestines.
And why not. There is yet the whole X-band vacant in Middle
East. Who is listening, after all, except Nordic DXers, that's not
their problem... ;-)

Jari Lehtinen