[HCDX] ZY log

Hello !

Bogdan Chiochiu
QTH: Montreal (Pierrefonds-Est), Quebec, Canada

A nice Brazilian from the past evening:

4985 BRASIL,    Radio Brasil Central, Manaus  FEB 24 0120 - Soft PP mx, ID at 0126 w/ 2 jingles. Also heard at least 2 other IDs as "Brasil Central". (Chiochiu-QC)

Also this morning before I got to school beetwen 6:00 and 6:40 AM, I presumably heard Radio Littoral from Ceiba, Honduras on 4832 and Radio K'etchi from Guatemala on 4845 at poor to good signal strenghts. Unfortunatly both were lost in day-light at 7:00 (I leave home around 7:20), so I couldn't get Top-of-the-hour identifications on these. The 4960 mystery station was there again stronger (after listening to my tape they were only fair or even somehwat poor on Sunday) and playing Latin American salsa.

MW has improoved the past night with Venezuelan Union Radio audible on 640.

SW has become much more interesting than MW, especially since this afternoon after I finished my homeworks I connected the wire to the antenna terminal and found a bit of wire large enough to have an effect on tx and now I get SW without overloading, even on the lower 120 and 90 meter bands; it's the first time this week-end and this morning that I listen to sisty meters so intensively and I really love it - hope to get some Indonesian and Pacific stations the next morning.

That's it for now !
73 and good DX,
Bogdan