From: "Zacharias Liangas" <zliangas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <> "Dxers"
Subject: [HCDX] Two signals on 9935 last Sun + logs
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:12:38 +0200

** AFGHANISTAN [non]. Mysterious signal on 9335

Yesterday Sunday 23 while listening to Laser radio, at 2215 there was a carrier for 5 minutes, then at 2230 there was a station calling itself 'Da Azadi Radio Pukhta Parawana' mostly with news in Pushtu (but surely not Farsi). There were also references to Marlboro (?), international news and Germany was called `German` instead of Aleman
(as in Farsi), and half song played after 2247 for more talks. Also English people were interviewed and cut after their sentence. Nearly TOH there was an address in Kabul and a reference to a spelled RSCRM (again missed something, as I did not use a tape recorder).

The signal was S9 or 33433 at most times, when Laser radio was not more than S4. I`m wondering if it is a new QRG for R Liberty. I will try however to get a response from my Afghan friend for this name "pukhta parawana". I suspect that Pukhta is Pushtu language as neither words are used in Farsi. In the last DXLD 23-2 referred transmission from Syria (??) (Zacharias Liangas, Retziki, Greece, DX LISTENING DIGEST)