[HCDX] Condx this morning; comments on MW DX the past evening

[HCDX] Condx this morning; comments on MW DX the past evening

Hello !

It's 6:43 AM in Mtl. and nothing interessant so far except for the 4960 stn
(wich dissapeared a few minutes ago with dawn). Lots of computer QRM; I
guess the long-wire antenna outside is too close to the basement window, so
too close to the computer. If the computer is off, it works very well
though.

I'll go to school in a bit more than a half-hour and when I'll get back I
will send a few MW logs from the past evening. MW has got even better. For
at least 10 minutes, RCN Barranquilia on 760 kHz was the strongest South
American on both MW and SW. They had a report on the process of Hugo Chavez.

I also heard Radio Cristal Interna'tl from the Dominican Republic on 5010
kHz around 6 PM +/- (didn't note the exact time) with Radio Pueblo relay
meringue music, comments by man, promos for TV station "Canal Venti-Cinco",
and around 6:30 PM dual ID for Radio Pueblo/Radio Cristal Int'ntl co-pgm
with ID for both frequencies (MW 1510 and SW 5010) "banda tropical de 60
metros" as the anncr. said.

A big thanks to Hans Johnson who sent to me a couple of days ago the
"Passport to World Band Radio" book. It did bost my interest in shortwave
DX-ing a lot and the blue pages are really helpfull. Now that I found a way
to connect the long-wire antenna directly to the antenna terminal, I don't
get overload anymore.

That's it for now !,
A log report will be sent this afternoon after I'll finnish my homeworks,
73 and good DX ! from MONTREAL (Pierrefonds), QC,
Bogdan